It finally happened!

women, can't live with 'em. end of sentance.

-al bundy

Maybe I have the two mutant cats. Both a Russian Blue Tabbie and a Siamese, both at times have munched on the plastic. Nothing built mind you but little pieces have gone missing. I guess the worse accident I had, was when my 16 lb. Russian Blue named Chochise took out my Monogram B-36 by deciding he wanted to be on the top of the TV more than it needed to be. As I was berating him, he opened his big purple lined mouth and squeaked at me (durn cat never learned to make big cat noises), anyway I decided I would just make another kit. After all I was the one that put it in harms way. Besides when he lays by my head at night and rubs his face on the top of my head, my blood pressure goes down. My wife hates it though.

Mike

Reply to
MQM-107

Oddly, my wife has two of those pesky felines, and the most that they have ever done in the 6 years we've been together is once, broke a propeller, and another time broke knocked a LaGG-3 OFF the shelf and snapped a single landing gear. Now, the wife once (and only once!) tried to dust some....

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Tamiya 1/48 "Frank." Not as bad, actually. The landing gear and one propeller blade has completely disappeared (more than likely into an A/C vent or into the vacuum), and both horizontal stabilizers broken off, but I think I can eventually make a really good crash diorama.

Sean

Reply to
Sean

Jealous? ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Now, the wife once (and only once!) tried to dust some....

Heh, I've learned this lesson when my mother first try to dust my models, so before I've got married I've explained to my to-be-wife that she can look them, ,but never ever touch them. It works so far. :-))) Best regards, Mario

Reply to
MarioG

More important than keeping children away from the models is to keep them away from all of the chemicals (solvents, paints, glues, etc), knives, and other things dangerous for toddlers. Ed "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)

Reply to
RobbelothE

Hmm - ditch the cats, ditch the missus, buy a BIG display case.....

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

with a big lock and lots of earthquake putty to make sure nothing moves (and don't forget to bolt the case to the wall). Yeah that does it...

Woody

Reply to
James Woody

Hey Woody - welcome to my world, cobber!

RobG (the Aussie > > Hmm - ditch the cats, ditch the missus, buy a BIG display case..... > >

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

How a bout kicking the shit outa the kid?

Reply to
LARRY929

How a bout kicking the shit outa the kid?

Reply to
LARRY929

After you ditch the missus, you won't be able to AFFORD a BIG display case.

As far as cats go, I'd be willing to wager that my wife has a bigger population than any on the NG. Only one cat disaster where a wee kitten wrecked a 1/48 Wildcat beyond repair and destroyed the rigging on a few 1/48 prop jobs.

Since then, the rule has been that future episodes of this nature may result in an immediate decimation of the herd.

I don't know whether I'd actually have the heart to bag up five of the little critters and toss them in the River Boyne, but Anne seemed to believe I might. No further feline attacks have occured since then.

Our only other animal 'disaster' here has been down to the pups. An AA Models MiG-19 became a dog's breakfast in more ways than one. No big loss.

Scott G. Welch

OSWELCH

I have eight (count 'em - 8!) cats. And three dogs....... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I'm coming into this thread late. My daughter has a cat that's now almost 8 years old. He's too old and fat now to do jump up on my work table now but several years ago (when the Tamiya F-84s were just released) he caused me considerable grief with a model. At that time, I was doing an out-of-the-box build review of the F-84. I had it basically completed and set it down on the work bench at the end of the evening as I mentally prepared myself to start the final surface prep for the NMF finish. That night, the cat got into the basement and decided to take a stroll on the shelf above the workbench.

Also on that shelf was a glass peanut butter jar containing lacquer thinner that I used to clean paint brushes. He apparently got friendly with the jar and, while rubbing against it, knocked it off the shelf. It broke when it hit the workbench (and the model). What damage was not done to the model by the impact of the jar on it was finished off by the lacquer bath (by the looks of it, there was a big pool of it in the cockpit). When I came back down to the bench two days later to finish the project, the F-84 had been sp badly etched and melted by the lacquer bath it was beyond hope.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat"

Reply to
Bill Woodier

remember folks, always spay or neuter your pets.

-bob barker

Yep. All eleven of my 'babies' are fixed....

Reply to
Al Superczynski