Iwata Eclipse Airbrush... getting rid of it

Here ya go:

I started the auction at $1.00, so grab yourself an Iwata Eclipse (B)ull (S)hit for as low as it can possibly go. It's shipping from Georgia.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb

I was going to buy one for small detail work. Is your ad to be interpreted as a negative endorsement of this brush? If so why? I don't want to flush a lot of $ down the drain like I did on that crappy plastic Testors brush.

My 20 year old Badger 150 works better than that piece of crappy plastic. I finally just watched it go down our apartment building trash shoot.

Jim klein

Reply to
West Coast Engineering

No not a negative endorsement of the airbrush because extreme quality is one thing it does have. I just don't want to live with the threat of having to pay a fine ($18 for a nozzle, for example) whenever a mistake happens.

Observing the price of the braided hose costing $18, for example, compared to other manufacturers, Iwata indulges in maximum pricing trying to find every way they can to strip a few extra bucks from people who use their airbrushes.

David Kennesaw, GA

Reply to
jdb
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

in article HYn0d.134560$% snipped-for-privacy@bignews6.bellsouth.net, jdb at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.munge.com wrote on 9/10/04 3:17 PM:

I guess I'm doing it wrong. I use a Badger hose with my Iwata but it seems to work just fine. In the seven years I've had it, my outlay for parts has been under $50.

Granted, it's not an Eclipse, but that shouldn't be an issue.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

Geez....I have always used my Paasche airbrush, with a Badger compressor. I have also used the Passche hose and moisture trap; with the Badger airbrush. We *MUST* be doing something wrong...

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Next time try Goodwill, etc. or you can send it to me and I'll find a home for it. thanks,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

finally just watched it go down our apartment building trash shoot. Jim klein>>

I assume you're referring to the Aztek, but which, and why did you dislike it so much? My nephew has one, I think the 420 (in the wooden case) that he's willing to sell me.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

have also used the Passche hose and moisture trap; with the Badger airbrush>>

How did you use a Badger airbrush with a Paasche hose? I have a Paasche VL, and recently bought an Omni, which is Badger compatible, and the Paasche hose unfortunately won't even come close to fitting the Omni.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

I have an Aztek I think 420.. wooden case.. I hate it... very inconsistent, tough to keep clean... got a Paasche VL recently and now I enjoy airbrushing (where before I dreaded it)!.

I now use the Aztek for 'junk' work like spray>>My 20 year old Badger 150 works better than that piece of crappy plastic. I >

Reply to
Charlie Murphy

Ditto. From my personal experience and that of others I've read, the Aztek doesn't seem to be very good. "Inconsistent" is an apt description. I too bought a Paasche VL last year and love it. Now, painting and weathering have become my favorite part of modeling...

Reply to
David E. Young

Dixie has all the converters/adaptors you need including QD fittings so you can use one hose and any brand of airbrush. hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

A metalurgically-skilled friend, a few years ago, spent an afternoon in his shop "cutting" a fitting that would act as an adapter. He made a few of them, and tossed one my way. It's not perfect (I think it leaks a small tad), but it works. I only tried it, after my Badger moisture trap (the clear plastic one) EXPLODED one day...lol. It remained in one piece, but was just like shattered automobile safety glass!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

I had a Paasche VL for 7 years. Not a bit of problems with it. Had a Iwata Studio compressor. Worked like a slave for the same time. Spend a little more for proven stuff and don't get side tracked by fancy advertisements. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Well, it was undoubtedly too-high pressure. I have no gauge, so could not tell you what it was. I prefer to spray at high pressure, so I usually set it to "high as possible"...lol.

It definitely made a POP. I don't recall if I "jumped"....but I do remember my "What the HELL was THAT?!" reaction...lol.

Like I said, it is still in one piece...but just completely covered by bazillions of fractures and cracks.

Reply to
Greg Heilers
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

My two cents. I finally got rid of the frustration, inconsistency and hassle of the Aztek1000. Swapping nozzles all the time -- and many times that simple act bent the needle beyond help. Too many pieces, too much to keep track of and clean and clean.

My new Iwata is solid, won't twist out of my hands or flip itself over because it's overpowered by its own hose (incredibly bad industrial design, but getting more prevalent it seems). And I drop paint in, spritz, drop lacquer thinner in and spritz even less . . . and I'm ready for another color. Simplicity itself. And it feels great in the hand!

Reply to
Charles Fox

I feel your pain on bad design, it took me over two years to find a computer desk that wasn't sized for midgets.

Reply to
Ron