Japanese midget submarine?

What kits exist for Japanese midget subs? I seem to recall word of a new kit from Pacific Monograph awhile back.

John

Reply to
falsedawn2

falsedawn2> What kits exist for Japanese midget subs? I seem to falsedawn2> recall word of a new kit from Pacific Monograph awhile falsedawn2> back.

Fine Molds produce 1/72 versions of a Kaiten human torpedo version (Mk.II, I think), and of the Pearl Harbor vintage two-man midget submarine (Type A or B, I think).

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

There was a Japanese company and made an injected 1:72 Kaiten "model" years ago. I saw a Canadian re-pop from the Paramount Factory in Montreal in the early 1970s, along with some Jacques Cousteau stuff. as well. The models were nice, but needed a ~lot~ of work to accurize them. Can't say as to their availability; I haven't been back to Montreal since 1975.

Reply to
Old Timer

Fime Molds makes an excellent 1/72 scale midget sub kit, which includes options for early or late types. It is enjection plastic, and sold under the Eu-II brand name. HLJ has it (listed under Fine Molds). They also made a Kaiten in the same scale.

Dave

Reply to
David Graf

I have the fine molds Midget A sub which is the early "Pearl Harbour" version. I s there a Fine Mold kit that has the extended torpedoe tubes and different net cutters of the later midget A subs?

Alan

David Graf wrote:

Reply to
Alan Kelly

There are parts for two different versions in the kit, but I may be misinterpreting them as 'early' and 'late'. One version has a sort of 'cage' around the ends of the torpedoes, and the other does not. There are also some minor differences in the conning tower. Sorry if I'm sowing confusion here, it's been about 6 years since I built the thing.

Dave

Reply to
David Graf