Lion Roar M2/M2A1 Super Detail Set

So, what do you get in a box that is the size of a text book? Well, how about you throw away everything in the DML kit above the frame, with the exception of the skate rail and the front fenders.

Seriously, your $130.00 or so gets eleven (11) 3.5" x 5.75" sheets of PE, two smaller sheets of PE, 33 pieces of resin (tarps, blankets, bedrolls, engine, mines and some other "bits"), a turned brass .50 barrel and machined cooling sleeve, 20 .50 rounds (that you like into a belt), 20 spend .50 rounds, and other bits. Oh, yeah, you also get a 14 page guide, in 8.5 x 11 paper.

Assembly starts with the cab, moves forward to the engine compartment, then back to the crew compartment. The instructions are pretty clear between the M2 (skate rail) and the M2A1 ("pulpit").

Since I had worked on this for the ancient Tamiya kit, I am very pleased to see that somebody actually took this idea to its (idiotic?) conclusion!

The obvious drawback is the price - 3x the price of the DML kit, which is pretty nice on its own, is a pretty steep entry fee. On the other hand, you do NOT have to deal with any ejector pin marks!

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden