Listen Up You ''Plane'' Builders

Saw previews of a movie coming soon called FLYBOYS,it's set in WW I,& the SFX are phenomenal,meaning the ariel dog fights,even I was doing a few "Whoa''s.Just thought i'd pass this along tothe group.

Reply to
teem

Andrew M

air battle scene here

Willshak

Trailer here

Willshak

Great clip; ya gotta love a good dogfight. I hate to be anal, but this is sorta like "Pearl Harbor"; if you're going to use CGIs, at least get it right (remember the P-40N's?). In the one shot of the nose of a running Neiuport the prop is spinning, but the cylinders are stationary. The Neiuport had a Le Rhone rotary--radial engines hadn't been invented yet. I hope that's the only 'oops' in the movie, because I really plan on seeing this one.

Reply to
Disco58

The hard fact is that real running rotary engines are scarce as hen's teeth and most people building replicas of W.W.I aircraft have to fall back on the much more available Warner radial. This was what was in the Fokker DR.1 replicas used in "The Blue Max" and most replica triplanes flying today. This is what makes the replica DR.1s look strange, they have to make the nose longer to accommodate the Warner's accessory section.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey