Looking for German chart segment

I'm looking for a piece of a nautical chart, preferably in German, for use as a base for my 1/700 Bismarck.

I've seen others use sections of appropriate charts applied to a wooden base, with the model sitting on top, and I like the look.

Ideally, I'd like a section of chart showing European waters, ideally with the printing in German. I just need a section big enough to fit on the typical plank display base used for a 1/700 battleship.

Anyone have any ideas where I'd find such an item?

TIA!

-Bill

Reply to
RC Boater

Is that on the boxart for the model kit by any chance? Because the minute I read your post I thought to myself I know that I saw exactly what you're describing just recently. Now I'm thinking it was on the SMS Bismarck kit down at Hobby Lobby last month.

WmB

WmB

Not on the boxart of the kit I'm building-- I've got the Aoshima 1/700 kit, and the Tom's PE fret.

I read your post

recently. Now I'm

Reply to
RC Boater

It's not a lot of help, but I always remember getting a chart of the full N Atlantic with an old computer game where you ran a U Boat. Silent Hunter, I think. You needed the chart, as the game would instruct you to sail to a specific area, marked on the chart...

Wulf

Reply to
Wulf Corbett

Snoop around at this site and the other links provided. It has more maps than you can look at in a lifetime. I suspect it'll have something close to what you are looking for.

Another thought is a used book store for a map or a book with > I'm looking for a piece of a nautical chart, preferably in German, for use

Reply to
Grandpa

Reply to
Grandpa