Looking for kits or conversion parts

I am looking for a kit or aftermarket conversion parts to make the two seat version of a P-51B Mustang. I would also like a kit of any F-82B/E/F or G twin mustang. As always your help is greatly appreciated. Pete

All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software.

Reply to
thelaws

Pete, What scale are you talking about? There is a decent 1/72 and a decent

1/48 kit of the F-82 (G, I think?)

On the two-seat conversion of the P-51B, there was a nice write up in FSM a few years ago for the P-51B 'The Stars Look Down' which was a two-seat field conversion. I don't think that conversion would be overly complicated.

HTH.

-->Jonathan

thelaws wrote:

Reply to
Hey, It's Me!

Can't help with the two-seater conversion, but IMHO the Tamiya P-51B in

1/48th is the best one out there, probably the easiest kit I've ever built. Now, for the F-82... You've got, basically, three options. The Monogram 1/72nd scale kit, the Hobbycraft 1/72nd kit (a copy of the Monogram kit) and Modelcraft Canada's 1/48th scale kit. This is available in the day fighter and night fighter versions. I've got the day fighter kit, and have yet to start it. From what I understand it's a real bear to build, especially if you want an accurate F-82. IIRC there's a review on Modelling Madness or Aircraft Resource Center that goes into great detail on the mods needed. HTH
Reply to
Don McIntyre

In 1/72 scale there is a P-51B two-seat conversion from LF Models in cast resin with a vacuformed canopy.

Tom

D> > Pete,

Reply to
maiesm72

Maybe you're thinking of Marv Howell's article on my website: .

Reply to
Al Superczynski