FLYING SUBMARINE assistance

The FLYING SUBMARINE (FS-1) is the vehicle seen in the old TV show, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea. I'm working up a multipart article for Marine Modeling International magazine (my major go to publisher in Europe) chronicling my buildup, mechanization, testing, and operation of the Rick Teskey twenty-four inch wide FLYING SUBMARINE kit, operated as an exotic r/c submarine model. A photo-essay of the r/c FS-1 model is at:

As I began outlining the article it became apparent that I poses a very limited knowledge of how many manufacturers produced kits of this vehicle over the years (and to what scales, mediums, and degrees of accuracy). Information that would have great utility to the readers of my article.

However, such information I believe is at the fingertips of the kit assembling and kit collecting types who populate this board. What little actual craft skills most of you posses are more than made up by you're historical knowledge of who produced FS-1 kits and the scales and pertinent data relating to those kits. I'm soliciting your assistance. What manufacturers produced kits of the FS-1, and to what scale and medium? Here's your chance to ride the coattails of one of the worlds finest Model Builders and technical writers. Either post your wisdom here or send your information to, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.

Thank you.

David Merriman lll

Reply to
david merriman lll

Go piss up a rope. Pete

All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton Anti Virus software

Reply to
The Laws

I gotta admit. You sure have a set of big brass ones.....

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I missed the original post.

What is Dave looking for?

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

More attention?

Reply to
famvburg

Reply to
Hub & Diane Plott

I assume by that response that there is a history to this poster?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Yep......

Reply to
Al Superczynski

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Maiesm72) wrote in news:20040522204435.25458.00001878@mb- m29.aol.com:

A 2x4 across the face.

Reply to
Gray Ghost
Reply to
Digital Cowboy
Reply to
Digital Cowboy

Dave Merriman has had articles published in the past (Scale Modeler, not sure what else) and I think does some of the best work I've ever seen but is the most (negatively) outspoken fellow one could hope to encounter, at least on these boards. He scratch built a 1/72 Jupiter 2 (Lost in Space) that was quite something to see.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Welcome back, Mr Merriman. We've missed you!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Yeah, he might be a pompous ass, but the boy *can* build a model.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Kind of reminds me of a line from Raymond Chandler's detective novel, "The Long Goodbye"- as well as I can remember it, - "I was reading the society column which is something I only do when I've temporarily run out of things to dislike." Anybody else feel this way about reading flame wars? Same impulse as slowing down to see car wrecks. I still do it, though.

Reply to
Jim Atkins
[snip]
[snip]

You might get more useful responses if you could refrain from the thinly veiled insults and needless self-praise when asking for help.

Reply to
Wayne C. Morris
Reply to
Digital Cowboy