Academy #1365 British Warrior MCV - Comments?

How is this kit? Have not built Academy armor before...

thx - Craig

Reply to
Craig

In my opinion this is a beautiful kit. Very fine details, very good precision and a lot of pieces. I built Warrior MCV with the addiction of an Accourate Armour update set for a Desert Shield version and the result was ok. I enjoyed modelling this kit. I strongly recommend it ...

Bye

Fab

Reply to
Hari Seldon

Academy kit is great, but has its shortcomings. The biggest problem is the shape of additional Chobham armor on the front of the vehicle. The angles are way off and it is unfortunately quite noticeable on finished model. Accurate Armour and Cromwell Models offer resin detail sets for this kit and both include replacement front armor. It is not a problem of course if you choose not to attach the extra armor to your model (kit offers both options). There are other minor accuracy problems in the kit, but nothing serious.

Reply to
Vodnik

Also watch out for the fragile roiad wheel arms..I've broken and replaced quite a few.

The basket assembly is a bear and hangs up on the rear deck periscopes as well.

Still a sweet little kit.

If you've build a scimitar as a scorpion with the Jaguar resin conversion, the metal barrel from the Scimitar fits right in on the warrior. Mike Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC