FLYING SUBMARINE assistance

Spin casting (as I know it) as actually pretty easy. The equipment however, is pretty expensive - for lost wax type casting, anyway. I did centrifugal lost wax casting in jewelry and metalsmithing classes in high school...been wanting to get back into it but the equipment costs have me stopped cold.

Check out any website that caters to jewelry making/casting techniques - the principles are the same. Heck - that's why I got into metalsmithing...it was like making models.

Reply to
Rufus

I agree with Digital_Cowboy comment "other then the two or so postings that he got offering help that he isn't going to get much but slack and a WHOLE truckload of it at that for his trouble. . ."

When I answered David's request, I never thought that his request would evoke such negative hostility. I didn't realize he has such a reputation. Well I suppose Pacific95 and I won't get mention in David's article as the sources of the history of manufactured models made of the Flying Sub-1.

Gary

Reply to
m.gary.kroman

Hey, I want my 15 minutes too! I'll have my people call your people. Let's do lunch. Ciao, baby.

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Sorry John, I think David, wants the whole 15 minutes of fame to himself. We the "Kit Builders" don't matter, at lease in the mind of the Scratch Builders.

It's a good thing I didn't tell him of my idea for a diorama of a modified Marine Core version of the Flying Sub.

Heck let's do dinner. Ciao, baby.

Gary

Reply to
m.gary.kroman