make a new window (clear parts forming)

I need to make a replacement cylindrical window for an old model I'm making. About 1" in diameter, 3/4" tall. Any suggestions?? I've thought about heating up a metal rod, they wrapping a thin piece of plexi around it, but I'm not sure if that will craze the inside.

Help?

Reply to
marc

How about clear 1" tubing, like from Plastruct? Or maybe a clear

1" or so plastic bottle?

Reply to
frank

I'm not envisioning your finished product well but most blister packaging can provide you with a good starting point. You can also go to most glass/plastic suppliers and they can provide you with a variety of sheet or tubing.

You may need to make a "master" or form then drape your plastic over that and then use a hair dryer or heat gun (on low!) to melt the plastic over it. One or two practice sessions should result in a good final product. hth The Keeper

Reply to
The Keeper