Waffle zimmerit

Does anyone have a source for a stamp to make a waffle zimmerit pattern for a Stug III?

I would like to try making my own rather than the Cavalier or Atak sets.

Reply to
Viperdoc

It takes five minutes to make one with a razor saw from a piece of sprue...

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

Actually, it takes a little longer, I read too fast and didn't notice that you wanted a waffle pattern. Anyway, the first step is the same: using a razor saw and a file, cut a waffle pattern in a 5x5mm bit of plastic. Use this pattern to make a negative in a bit of epoxy putty stuck on a piece of sprue or a toothpick. Once the putty has cured, all you have to do is sand the sides and voilà, you have a waffle pattern.

Reply to
Serge D. Grun

This link has some Zimmerit making techniques that may be helpful:

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Airwaves makes a couple of white metal stamp Zimmerit stamp sets which include the waffle patterns. Available online from Hannants. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

Mig Productions have a set of waffle stamps made from resin.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Thank you all for the advice. I ordered the roller set from Lion Roar, and will look at the metal set from Hannant's.

Never ordered from them before- will they ship to the States? How long does it take?

Reply to
Viperdoc

Yes, Hannants will ship to the states, but I believe they have a minimum order of 30 Pounds Sterling (around 60 bucks). On the plus side, the Value Added Tax is deducted from the price of overseas orders. Lion Roar products are available from Lucky Model in Hong Kong with free airmail delivery. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens