Oddball aircraft model set

Anyone ever have this set?:

was a set of snap-together wings, tails, fuselages, tails, and what-not that you could assemble into a whole slew of aircraft designs.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Seen it many times on ePay, usually for lots less than $125.00. Was made by Pyro back in the 1950s, along with Design-a-sets for cars and for buildings.

Reply to
The Old Man

Saw an incomplete set once. The owner was trying to find the missing pieces. The parts I saw were not particularly detailed. I guess that would have defeated the point of the set.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I also saw a partial set some years ago.(I'm assuming it was the same set).I'd call it more toy then model.

Reply to
eyeball

One-half step above toy would be a accurate description. It was about the only time anyone ever gave me a model kit as a gift I'd never knew existed. Still if a kid had one of those sets, some sort of a homemade wind tunnel, and modeling clay to ballast the things properly, you'd have the beginnings of a top-notch science fair project.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery