Aircraft of Howard Hughes

I did some biographical reading on Howard Hughes while sitting on the beach in Ixtapa that last couple of weeks. I thought it might be an interesting project to model all the aircraft developed under Howard Hughes watch. Would such a thing be even possible??

Reply to
Count DeMoney

First off, the H-1 racer...isn't that available from Williams Brothers? It used to be available as a paper model in the 1980s...you might get lucky and eB@y it.

Lockheed Super Electra...backdate a Hudson. One of my Knoxville buddies is doing that. Plus NewRay has a toy model that can be altered; it can be found at some Big Lots and Kay-Bee stores (in Northwest Airlines markings).

Boeing 307...conversion kits from B-17s have been available from time to time.

Lockheed Constellation and Spruce Goose--available from Minicraft.

F-11/R-11...I think there are garage kits of it.

Stephen "FPilot" Bierce/IPMS #35922 {Sig Quotes Removed on Request}

Reply to
Stephen Bierce

You'll have trouble getting info on one of them; the Duramold constructed Hughes DX-2:

wouldn't let many photos be taken of it.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Let's not forget the Hughes Aircraft products...helicopters!

Reply to
bluumule

In recent years, a couple of magazines (Air Classics, for one) have had pretty in-depth articles on the D-2, How accurate the info is, I don't know, but there's at least one 3-view available.

Reply to
frank

Reply to
eyeball

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Stephen Bierce) wrote in news:47dec9fd.12459046 @news.vic.com:

I have a 307 kit based on the old Frog B-17F $25 include shipping in the US.

Email at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

He also used an A-20 which is now owned by Kermit Weeks.

Reply to
Hub Plott III

Just _kneel_ before that aircraft, as that is the most beautiful aircraft ever made by the hand of man. That isn't a racing plane, that's a work of art:

ornaments of luxury cars didn't look look half that good. You could of milled that thing out of a solid block of chrome-plated stainless steel. :-)

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It is too bad that the replica crashed before I got a chance to see it at any airshow - I heard it was a "beautiful thing", as they say.

Reply to
Andrew M