Marking Help for P-47N

Hi all,

I'm looking for clues to wether the P-47N's of 463 FS / 507FG had the blue triangle on their tails on both sides. So far Google, Squadron: In Action, Detail and Scale, Walkaround, Air Force Colors Vol 3 or P-47 in the Pacific has given me the final verdict.

All pictures and drawings shows the left side where there's a blue trinagle, some of the ref's show one also on the left horizontal stabilazor,but none shows the right hand side.

Academy has a 1:48 scale kit that shows the right horizontal stabiliser without it, but no clue on the righr side of the vertical fin.

Anyone here that can help?

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I don't have any detailed refs but I built "Chautauqua" which was a P-47N assigned to the 463rd FS of the 507th several years ago using a 3-Guys decal sheet. The instructions for the sheet said that it was believed the triangle was on both sides of the vertical stab but only on the only on the left horizontal stab. The decal sheet also mentioned that the triangle on the horizontal stab might have been a reflection of the one on the vert stab (though I doubt that). The decal sheet instructions had some reprinted photos of the aircraft on it but my sheet is long gone. Perhaps someone else may still have it and can scan the photos from it for you (they weren't very high quality pics to start with, though) for whatever good they might do you. You can see pics of the model I built with those decals at this link if interested:

p-47n.htm

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Sorry....something happened to the link. Hopefully this one will work:

p-47n.htm

If it doesn't go to my home page using the link below, then click on the models link and then the thumbnail of the P-47N.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

What you got there is a space between 'mymodels' and 'p-47n.html'. The web doesn't like spaces in URLs.

Reply to
Willshak

that is very nice. i really like the cockpit.