Mobile Soviet/Russian ICBM Kits?

Greetings,

Anyone have a list of any/all of the Soviet mobile ICBM kits made over the years? Mainly looking for the SS-20, 25 and 27, but any other mobile launchers with TEL, including a list of any Frog, Scud and Spider kits as well.

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Black Eagle

Paul

List is pretty sparse as most of those items were only done in 1/300 or

1/285 wargaming scales.

As for larger ones:

1/87 - FROG-5 (Vero - East Germany), SCUD A (ROCO) 1/76 - none unless in resin 1/72 - none unless in resin but one company has advertised an SS-21 1/48 - none 1/35 - SCUD B (DML) SCUD A (Jadar in resin) 1/32 - FROG-2 (ITC, then Ringo, now Glencoe) 1/24 - FROG-1 (Imai) . FROG-2 (Imai) - rare and absolutely awful!

That's all I can think of right now.

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne

Cookie,

My thanks for the list, as I suspected, no mobile ICBM's available in the larger scales. I have seen several pre-assembled models out of Russia in

1/87, but they are pricey (but very nice models).

Am familiar with the 1/285-1/300 metal kits, and I also have a metal SCUD-B with MAZ TEL by QRF in 1/100-15mm.

Will probably pick up the DML SCUD B in 1/35, looks like a nice kit, any reviews online I can refer to?

My thanks again for the list,

Paul

Reply to
Black Eagle

Arii did a series of Scud missile variants in 1/48 scale. They came out around the time of Desert Shield/Desert Storm so many were Iraqi versions. I've got the Scale Board SS-12, and according to the box art and insert, there were four kits in this series:

#A691 Al Hussein SS-1C #A692 Al Abbas SS-1C #A693 Scud Missile R-17 #A694 Scale Board SS-12

Each kit was a missile mounted on a large 8-wheeled launcher/transporter. I do not know about the accuracy of the kit, but they look very impressive.

Reply to
RobG

Um, they are "50 footers" as have little in common with the actual vehicles at any distance closer than that. Sort of like the 1/24 scale Imai kits (they were motorized and the missiles -- with safety rubber "warheads" -- lauched with the aid of a spring!)

Cookie Sewell

Reply to
AMPSOne