Corgi

Hi all.

James here.

I'm from New Zealand. I'm an avid collector of Corgi diecast aircraft, especially 1:144 scale. Anyone else collect diecast aircraft on here besides me??

Thanks.

James.

Reply to
James

James

I collect Corgi 1/72 aircraft and helicopters. Have maybe twenty so far.

My favorite is their B-24 "Dragon" with quite accurate markings. I want to get their B-17 "Nine-O-Nine" as well. Have flown both and it's nice to have them on the shelf. I also like out of the ordinary markings, so I have the Corgi Harrier and the Matchbox diecast F-104 in NASA markings.

Do you have any of the IXO diecast kits? They have some unusual models such as the MS.406 and D.520. Have also picked up some of the Easy Model plastic models. Ncely done and now available in kit form.

Tom

James wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

I have a couple of the die-casts from Model Power. Scale-wise they're all over the place. I suppose this is so that they can fit the packaging. I have one Mosquito that I stripped and repainted. I'm scrounging up markings off 1/72nd decal sheets. I've seen one fellow's 1/144th Victor and would love to get one for myself.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hi Tom!!

I collect 1:144 scale Corgi Lancaster bombers. I have got their "Dambusters" one, AJ-G, Bill Reid's one, QR-O, and Guy Gibson's one, ZN-Y. I'm getting the 44 Squadron one & "Mickey The Moocher" this week, then maybe the 9 Squadron "Tiger Force" one...

Cheers.

James.

Reply to
James

I have the Corgi Lancaster B.I in 1/72 scale. I think that it was the first Corgi that I bought. I would have waited for the Dam Busters variant if I had known they were going to do it. Now I wait to see what they have coming. I didn't buy their B-17G and now it's coming out in "Nine-O-Nine" markings.

Have also picked a few up for serious discounts during sales, especially at Tallbot's in San Mateo.

Tom

James wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Oh, he asks innocently, do they have any Victors?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I collect a number of different Mfgs of Diecast A/C Dragon,Witty, Gaincorp, Corgi. You can check them out at All different scales 1/400

1/72 1/144
NOCKERS