Once & For All-Moisture Traps

Do I order one from Paasche,orgo to my local Home Depot?.You would think the Campbell compresser would have one installed @ the factory.Thanks.

Reply to
teem

teem wrote: : Do I order one from Paasche,orgo to my local Home Depot?. : I would not bother to order one. Find one locally and be done with it. : : You would : think the Campbell compresser would have one installed @ the : factory. : Why? It would increase the price, and do you really think that most compressors in that price point are used for painting (and if they are, how many people already have a moisture trap)?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

Just go to an industrial supply and get a combination regulator /moisture trap to suit a 1/4 inch NPT thread .Then you can get some snap couplers to suit your bush hose. Some of the moisture traps are self draining ,and only require cleaning occasionally ,depending on how much use and water it separates from the air.I live in high humidity 6 months of the year and service mine every

6 months or so when I change the oil in my compressor crank case.
Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

Mine is from Lowes. It is a Campbell Hausfeld moisture trap. The only thing I can tell you is that it does collect water. I agree that a compressor made for airbrushing should have the water trap installed by the compressor maker. But a larger portable compressor does not necessarily need one for filling tires or running air tools at home.

Reply to
Willshak

Or if you want to go really cheap, get an inline fuel filter at your local auto parts store and splice it into your feed line. Costs a couple of bucks, and I've had the same on in my system for probably close to 20 years and not a bit of water spatter.

Reply to
Don McIntyre

Moisture traps are quite simple devices and all work the same way, so paying more for one doesn't make much sense. I have had same one I bought at Ace Hardware for as long as I can remember and it still works fine. Just double check the size of your compressor hose to ensure a proper fit. You may need to buy adapters for the hose which is what I did.

Rusty White Flagship Models > Do I order one from Paasche,orgo to my local Home Depot?.You would

Reply to
Rusty White

Air tools require an oiler in the line if you use them regularly and want them to last. I have two outlets on my garage compressor one has regulated filtered dry air for painting ,and the other outlet has a filter/oiler for my airtools which is set at 1 drop every three minutes to lubricate the motor in the air tool.I do a lot of home mecahnic work ,so my air tools get a work out nearly every weekend.One reason why my modelling time suffers.A light oil like three in one or everyman oil is best.

The air from the dry side goes to a portable tank I made from an old dry powder fire extingusher ,it has another filter regulator which is capable of very fine adjustment ,the air passes from the tank through a manifold with four 1/8" miniature ball valves with connections for my four air brushes.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I got everything I needed, including a four gallon tank type compressor from SEARS. Works just fine, plenty of air, good pressure and no pulsating.

Bill Shuey

teem wrote:

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Thanks all!,I have that Campbell blue pancak styles compressor,when it come time to air brush a model,I want to have the trap ready to go.One last question,does it matter where on the hose the trap should go?.

Reply to
teem

I guess it doesn really matter where the trap is situated , but for convenience mine is mounted on the out let of my compressor tank.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I mount my regulator/moisture trap at the end of

25' of air line. That way, the compressor is in another room, and I just dial in the pressure on the regulator.
Reply to
AM