wtb for project

car body for rat rod. bucket t, model a, other old ford or whatever partial kit body you have. other ok if hot roddable.

Find the last issue of AMT's '29 Roadster, Classic Series IIRC. It is discontinued but GM has them listed:

with all the parts to build the '29 stock or hot rod, there are many parts from the Ala Kart in the box: body, frame, radiator and grill, interior, bed parts (not all of 'em) and top. There are enough parts to get you started though.

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

thanks, i'll give it a shot. i want as many mismatched parts as i can get.

many

I just posted on alt.binaries.models.scale a pic of the one I recently did using the parts I mentioned. It was fun as my very first parts box build and was a great learning exercise. No wonder I like OOB :-)

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

it never showed up. repost? thanks.

Successfully beat back AMS, then?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

thanks but nothing came to the verizon server. not your fault.

,

are

I just uploaded on my space. try it here:

Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

wow, that's great. are you going to weather it like a rat rod? you did channeling and lots of mods, yes? the rails are cool and the body has a neat stance. i hope to do motorcycle wheels on the front of mine. very cool chuck, and thanks for the extra effort.

So true as I saw it the first time.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I had a '36 series going for awhile but they got side-tracked and are sitting about collecting dust now. I have a roadster, 3-window coupe,

5-window coupe and, yes, a convertible under way.

I think the '36 was maybe #4 in my list of model cars built. I know the first two were '40 Fords and there was a Monogram Black Widow in the line somewhere. The '36 was in its original 1961 box.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

,

there

Thanks e, I'm glad you like it. Nope, it is done. Yep, I did channel the body down level with the bottom of the frame rails then sectioned the radiator and grill to match the cowl height. I posted a fairly indepth decription on abms. It took so long to find all the 'right' parts and get everything to fit the way I wanted, I decided to leave it bare nekked as a building guide for the next time :-)

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

I scrounged around for a couple years collecting the last issue (yellow) of the AMT '36 roadster just to have a couple 3 window coupes. Since I go mainly to IPMS shows, the most I had to pay was $15 sealed. Now I have 4 of them, 5 of the 5 window and an American Metal 1/24 cabriolet. I just wish Monogram's original '36 was 1/25 :-) I find a rut for myself all too easily. Same 'collecting' thing happened with Monogram 1/72 P-51Bs, F4B-4s, P6Es, F11Cs and any make of F-84s, 86s,

100s in any scale. I'm *so* glad I never got into WWII German A/C or F-4s

The AMT '34 Ford PU and '36 Ford were the first two 'big kid' kits I had. Before that I built just about every 1/32 Lindberg car our local party supply carried............ after all their 1/72 A/C :-)

Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan

i saved the pic for a reference. appreciate the share.

For a good reference from a 1:1 build check out fellow HHMBer Drew Hierwarter's Fotki album at :

-- Chuck Ryan Springfield OH

Reply to
Chuck Ryan