Pyro kits question

Hi guys,

Does anyone here have any information about Pyro kits?

I've never heard of them, and wondered if they might be an old U.S. manufacturer. I'm especially interested in an Alfa Romeo GT kit in 1/32 scale.

Any info or opinions on this will be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance, Dave.

Reply to
Dave Merrington

Defunct American company.IIRC their molds went to Lindberg.

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (Dave Merrington) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

They are indeed an old US manufacturer. Went bust in the '70s IIRC. Lindberg owns some if not all their tooling now (or did do at least)

Not familiar with this one. I've heard good and bad about some of these.

Theres one on ebay now with photos:

Probably your only choice in this scale.

Reply to
Peter Baxter

Yes, they were an old US firm. Their moulds went ultimately to Lindberg with a brief stopover at Life-Like during the mid-'70s. Their 1/32 kits were very good but the bodies were often multi-piece affairs. The least expensive series came without chrome plated parts. The worst thing about them was that they were 1/32 when the prevailing scale for US builders was 1/25.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Pyro was around in the 60s and had one of the widest selection of subjects. My VERY first kit was their Tyranasaurus Rex. They had a line of dinosaurs, classic firearms, ships, planes, animals, and cars. I seem to remember a lot of their kits being produced under the company name "Life-Like" in the mid-70s.

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

Judging by the ebay pictures, there seems to be quite a lot of detail in this particular kit. I forgot to mention that one is for sale on a site in the UK, so I may go ahead and buy it.

Reply to
Dave Merrington

there were lindberg released life-like.