mustang 66 construction articles 1/24

Our group is having a car show, i normally build aircraft and would like to see an article or two on how to build a 66 mustang.

Thanks

Jose

Reply to
jmpaliza

You might already know this and probably even have a kit in hand - from what I recall and unless something changed and I missed it, your two basic ready made choices for the '66 Mustang are AMT's very long in the tooth hardtop in

1/25 as seen here:

And Monogram's (now Revell) nearly 20 year old effort in the form of the '66 Shelby GT-350 in 1/24 - kitted either in vanilla 350 form or Hertz GT-350H livery - seen here.

To get other variants of the '66 you have to mix and match '66 pieces with '64 1/2 and '65 kits and shake the resin casters tree for anything exotic. I always wondered if anyone shot the '66 Pony Interior in resin.

As for articles, I recall an article in Fine Scale Modeler around Desert Storm time (when the kit came out) that detailled out the Revell kit. Don't recall the issue number, but I think the cover page/feature article in the issue was Desert Storm aircraft paint schemes - if you or any other wingnuts have that one.

WmB

Reply to
WmB