Myford ML7 Tri-Leva and model workshop equipment for sale

"Keeper" wrote

Originally, no one, then it devolved to the Post Office. There shouldn't be any duplicates within a state, but I've found some using mapping programs. I think many are really neighborhoods, crossroads, railroad stations, or old names left on USGS maps rather than real towns. Many I've been through were just one farmhouse or a cemetery, or a flat spot where there used to be a grade crossing.

"Back in the day", immigrants weren't starting towns, they were moving to them. Generally they wanted to fit in and be Americans, so they picked "American-sounding" names for streets, businesses, and such.

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

. . . . . . . >

I sometimes fly close to your neck of the woods Bolton (int kur purk) in a robbie r22. If I get the chance I'll drop (??) by and let you have a play 'cos I know you'd like to. Herbie

Reply to
Herbie

With the way the dollar is going, it might make good cents....

There is also a Dundee in Illinois.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

And I bet every single one's a lie...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

What stuff was that, Herb? :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Too piggin right I would mon:-))

So which kur purk, the one on Hacken Lane? We've got a nice new field on a farm now, just PERFECT for getting the Robbie into. It's on the East Lancs road. I'll have a word with Mr "Geroorffmmoiloand" :-)

Reply to
Beav

That stuff:-)

Reply to
Beav

My lathe and workshop are still for sale but the site where you can view them has changed it is now . .

for looking Herbie

Reply to
Herbie

Why don't you try soc.culture scottish? I know there are a couple of craftsmen there and at least two MR folk.

Jim Stewart

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I've found anomalies like that as well. I think there are two Mechanicsburgs in Ohio. They've even got a "River Styx." What mapping program should I get? tia,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper