Old airbrush?

Has anyone got a old airbrush they havent used but is till ok, i hear about
people who upgrade, sometimes a couple of times and wonder if anyone has one
thats better than the one i have, its one of those cheap Revel ones.
Happily pay posteeeeeeeeej
Ones here are way outa my price range, im a crap modeller anyway and bloddy
car repairs after theft etc means im stuck with this one.
ta!
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
I have a Paashe H (Single action, slightly used, hose included) that I've been trying to sell for $25. Let me know if you're interested.
Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall
Julian
Look to EBay. there was a Badger which went for £18.50 over the weekend. Airbrushes have a big market in 'nail painting' so EBay has a lot of traffic. David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com
Reply to
David Pennington
Seen a huge # daily on UK ebay from one seller 5915792613
It seems too good to be true, usually sells for around £10
Looked at Badger but heard mix reports and got a bit confused.
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
That isn't what you want. It LOOKS like a Badger 250 or 350 but since it isn't mentioned in the auction it must be a cheap Chinese knock off. Parts replacement may be problematic. I heartily suggest you look for a Badger 150. If you can repair a Celica you can operate a double action airbrush. "Don't settle for a mo-ped."
hth
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
thanks, how do i tell a double action?
I will see what brands and model #s are available to me and post back for a yes/no to is it ay good and should i get it.
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
The trigger on the duel action airbrush controls air and paint volume. Much more precise than a single action. Once you use one, you will never look back. If you want a new one, try Dixie Art Supplies. They have good prices.
Reply to
deeman
Kinda hard just from the picture; the trigger goes down and back giving you amazing range and flexibility. It should say something like, "Badger 150 double action" or "Paasche VL double action." That's probably what you're going to find used; I doubt anyone will be offering an Iwata. Let us know,
The Keeper (of too much crap!)
Reply to
Keeper
Thanks, In the UK so i guess the supply place doesnt matter
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
I dont do Luftwafe with those wiggly wobbly lines but would be nice to do soft edged cammo, like Iraqi, plus not i have a good few 35th Armour, Modern US / British Tanks by Trump and Dragon, man lots of small bits to make up the wheels etc, i dont like the looks of seperate track links
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
VL, used or new, its a good investment. Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes. Mike IPMS
Reply to
Mike Keown
thanks, will make a note
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes.
It will 'brush any colour you want, as long as it's black ? :-)
Julian -
Damian
Reply to
Damian
"Damian" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
thanks, so is a 150 any good? i think i can get spares for that brand
Reply to
JULIAN HALES
Yes, it's very versatile, and is one of the ones 'Keeper' recommended. It's dual action, so offers lots of control, but isn't too complex for a beginner.
It has separate needles for different flow rates - I have a Badger 200, which runs on a single needle.
I don't know current prices - here's an example for the auction in front of you.

Damian
Reply to
Damian
thanks, the price shocked me...i need a stiff drink!
"Damian" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
JULIAN HALES
As always, the kit in the box is the cheapest part of modelling - the equipment and addons is the expensive part :-)
workbench, tools (knives, saws, fans, clamps, goggles, breathing apparatus)
painting (airbrush, compressor/botttles/cans), paint, extractor equipment, spray booth, brushes, thinners, paints
Etched brass detail sets, decals, RBF tags, train bits for bases,
Display shelves, cupboards
New house with enough room(s) to do it all (including a big loft to insulate)
etc etc etc etc etc
Reply to
Damian
Damian wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
You forgot paying for the divorce so that you'll have the piece and quiet you require... :-)
RobG
Reply to
Rob Grinberg
VL, used or new, its a good investment. Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes. Mike IPMS>>hanks, will make a note
Julian--I have a VL I'm willing to part with. I've had it for about 6 years, details in email to you.
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci
Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
Julian:
I think if you shop around you will find it cheaper. That price is top of the line, and maybe over the top.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey