Old airbrush?

Has anyone got a old airbrush they havent used but is till ok, i hear about people who upgrade, sometimes a couple of times and wonder if anyone has one thats better than the one i have, its one of those cheap Revel ones. Happily pay posteeeeeeeeej

Ones here are way outa my price range, im a crap modeller anyway and bloddy car repairs after theft etc means im stuck with this one. ta!

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I have a Paashe H (Single action, slightly used, hose included) that I've been trying to sell for $25. Let me know if you're interested.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Julian

Look to EBay. there was a Badger which went for £18.50 over the weekend. Airbrushes have a big market in 'nail painting' so EBay has a lot of traffic. David Pennington snipped-for-privacy@bbbweb.com

Reply to
David Pennington

Seen a huge # daily on UK ebay from one seller 5915792613

It seems too good to be true, usually sells for around £10

Looked at Badger but heard mix reports and got a bit confused.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

That isn't what you want. It LOOKS like a Badger 250 or 350 but since it isn't mentioned in the auction it must be a cheap Chinese knock off. Parts replacement may be problematic. I heartily suggest you look for a Badger 150. If you can repair a Celica you can operate a double action airbrush. "Don't settle for a mo-ped."

hth

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

thanks, how do i tell a double action?

I will see what brands and model #s are available to me and post back for a yes/no to is it ay good and should i get it.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

The trigger on the duel action airbrush controls air and paint volume. Much more precise than a single action. Once you use one, you will never look back. If you want a new one, try Dixie Art Supplies. They have good prices.

Reply to
deeman

Kinda hard just from the picture; the trigger goes down and back giving you amazing range and flexibility. It should say something like, "Badger 150 double action" or "Paasche VL double action." That's probably what you're going to find used; I doubt anyone will be offering an Iwata. Let us know,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

Thanks, In the UK so i guess the supply place doesnt matter

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I dont do Luftwafe with those wiggly wobbly lines but would be nice to do soft edged cammo, like Iraqi, plus not i have a good few 35th Armour, Modern US / British Tanks by Trump and Dragon, man lots of small bits to make up the wheels etc, i dont like the looks of seperate track links

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

VL, used or new, its a good investment. Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

thanks, will make a note

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes.

It will 'brush any colour you want, as long as it's black ? :-)

Julian -

Damian

Reply to
Damian

thanks, so is a 150 any good? i think i can get spares for that brand

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Yes, it's very versatile, and is one of the ones 'Keeper' recommended. It's dual action, so offers lots of control, but isn't too complex for a beginner.

It has separate needles for different flow rates - I have a Badger

200, which runs on a single needle.

I don't know current prices - here's an example for the auction in front of you.

Damian

Reply to
Damian

thanks, the price shocked me...i need a stiff drink!

JULIAN HALES

As always, the kit in the box is the cheapest part of modelling - the equipment and addons is the expensive part :-)

workbench, tools (knives, saws, fans, clamps, goggles, breathing apparatus)

painting (airbrush, compressor/botttles/cans), paint, extractor equipment, spray booth, brushes, thinners, paints

Etched brass detail sets, decals, RBF tags, train bits for bases,

Display shelves, cupboards

New house with enough room(s) to do it all (including a big loft to insulate)

etc etc etc etc etc

Reply to
Damian

You forgot paying for the divorce so that you'll have the piece and quiet you require... :-)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

VL, used or new, its a good investment. Kind of the 'Model T' of airbrushes. Mike IPMS>>hanks, will make a note

Julian--I have a VL I'm willing to part with. I've had it for about 6 years, details in email to you.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Julian:

I think if you shop around you will find it cheaper. That price is top of the line, and maybe over the top.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey