Need help with my Xmas Model List For Santa - What's that German Transport?

Was it Revell Germany? Came out a few years back, 6 or so engines? Am sending the wife out with my list soon. I was going to ask for the old Hasegawa 1/72 B-47 or Emily but the reviews were less than favorable....but I may add the Emily back on anyways....

thx - Craig

Reply to
crw59

I'd forgotten that one; and I had the model once! :-[ They made the He-111Z to tow it also.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Italeri made a Me 323 which had 6 or 8 engines.

Both were designed in the mid-'60s and are still the only way you'll get one unless you want to go down to 1/144th.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the has b47 is decent. screw the reviews, it looks like a b47 and isn't super fiddly.

Reply to
someone

, " snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net" wrote:>Was it Revell Germany? Came out a few years back, 6 or so engines?

I have a b47, unfinished. the dang thing lists like crazy. did not find a review when I bought it years ago. the review said it was a boring plane, but I disagree. just dang hard to make it level...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Could you shorten the main gear struts up, forcing it to rest on them and the outrigger gear?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

I guess I could saw them off to make the gear touch properly, but its probably moot by now. I stored away all the loose parts, etc in that special place all us modelers have so we will never lose track of them when we want to finish a kit. Well damned if I know where the canopy and decals are...

Craig

Reply to
crw59

if you're talking wings and alignment, i used a spar and it was a snap. i used a chopstick that i evened up and put flat spots where it needed contact

2 part epoxy and clamps made that puppy lick my hand.
Reply to
someone

oh, that level. i had the plane upside down and used a piece of cardboard and a ruler on the almost dried parts. tube glue let it dry slowly enough.

Reply to
someone

when i get some clear sheet, i could vac you a canopy. i also thought squadron made one, but my memory is....i forgot.

Reply to
someone

Towed glider was an Me.321, the engined version was the 323.

Reply to
The Old Man

don't forget the ju 290 and 390.

Reply to