"New" 1/100 Tamiya Kits

Was just at the hobby shop and noticed that reissues of Tamiya's 1/100
BAC Lightning, Fiat G.91, and Ilyushin 28 Beagle had arrived. Oddly
these kits were priced at about $8 as opposed to $14 for the previous
kits. The artwork/box designs were also new.
Martin
Reply to
Martin
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Martin) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:
I'll have to see which of those I DON'T have. I had a minor infatuation with collecting all of them at one point. Didn't make it to all of them, I think I missing one of the Saabs. They are really cool little kits, slammers or whole hog.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
I noticed that.Maybe at $14 plus for scuh simple kits they weren't moving. I have both issues of the Me262/Me163,and the cheaper one doesn't show as many paint schemes,but they are on the sheet.The swastikas are missing this time around too. Maybe this is the PC issue.
Reply to
Eyeball2002308
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Eyeball2002308) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m17.aol.com:
I got most of mine at $3 to $7 second hand. I bloody stole the B-52D for $10 at a show from a vendor I did a bit of business with. I have some in other boxes. BEN, RMM from Germany and Revell all repackaged them. Takara may have.
Sometimes it's just the finding something odd that's fun.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
Are the decals new as well? Hopefully redesigned - the Buccaneer kit had three schemes ranging from wildly to somewhat inaccurate (wrong colours for stencils, bad squadron badges etc.).
Reply to
JP Wade
I only have the two versions of the Me262/163 and the decals look about the same minus the swastikas,which wouldn't be an issue for the others.
Reply to
Eyeball2002308