Not Again....

Well, modeling is going good, but.... We are due in for another foot or more of snow tonight. (on top of the 24+ inches we got this past weekend) Which will knock the power out as my neighbors trees are already hanging/tangled in the power lines as I type. And the temps will be in the teens tonight.

Real hard to do modeling or a whole lot else for that matter when there is little heat, and no lights... Least we can cook on our gas stove. (and heat the house somewhat with it)

If I'm not offline tomorrow morning it will be a miracle.

Where is global warming when ya need it !

Sorry for the rant.

Reply to
AM

AM wrote the following:

We, here in NY, lucked out on the last one. We got about 1/4 inch. I didn't even bother to clear the driveway. We may not be so lucky this time. I got my snowblower and generator all ready to go.

Reply to
willshak

I was visiting NYC and was in Times Square for the hell of it when that blizzard hit to bring in the New Year. It was fun and there was quite a crowd of revelers there. It was heavy wet snow in NYC and the high humidity made the air feel a lot colder than it was at single digit below freezing if I recall. I come from Canada where we get 6 months of the fluffy white stuff from the sky. The snow can stay on the ground from late October into mid May. But our snow is dry until it gets to around 0 degC when the roads turns slushy. It gets to minus 15 degC or lower before I start to feel the cold. The following day after I left Edmonton (Dec11) I think the temperature fell to a record minus 43 degC.

Reply to
PaPa Peng

Just imagine how cold it would be if we *didn't* have global warming! :-D .

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Hey, just get a couple of those new Revell Star Wars kits for futzing around with. They're Snap-Tites, although that can be glued, and are pre-painted, although I did practice a bit of weathering on mine. Just the cure for canin fever!

Reply to
The Old Man

We made it :) No power loss, tho winds were at 45mph for a while, and only 6 - 8 inches more of snow ! Got to shovel out today again tho, but at least the plow came through. Wow, I'm impressed.

Waiting on an Aires wheel bay set for my F 16, though am working on painting the cockpit right now. Also doing some minor work on finishing my JS II, tho it is a quick and dirty build. I just wanted the memories of building another JS II. I'm creating albums on my Facebook page and will have a lot of my models new and old posted in the next few weeks.

Normally we get around 15 inches of snow per year here, we are already at 55 inches and winter is not over yet. At least I got lot's of pic's, I've shot almost a thousand pic's this winter now. And still counting...

Reply to
AM

Vancouver, we have your snow here in Pa. Please come and pick it up soon.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller