The thoughtful spouse

My companion of many years is on travel for a couple of weeks.

She surely would like knowing that I'm getting along OK, though we each and both seem to be reasonably competent at whatever's necessary or useful.

So I sent her an email, thoughtful mate that I am, to comfort her:

---------

Today I got the matter sorted out about my car pulling to the left with the new tires. It wasn't an alignment matter, it's a bum tire.

OK, so change the tires.

Well, that's a problem because we don't have any more of those in stock.

OK, so put a different brand on, I'll pay the difference. (What the hell, it's only money right? Pirelli's might be nice.)

Well, we don't have any in that size of any brand.

Mmmph.

"It still pulls left. It didn't before. That is an unsafe condition, wouldn't you think?"

They then found another pair of tires at another store so I'll get things sorted out tomorrow.

I later discovered how they knew it was a bum tire. On the way home, the car pulled to the right. Ah, that's MUCH safer, ditch rather than oncoming lane if I happen to snooze. Safety is good. They must have swapped the front wheels. It's nice to have a caring tire store. I'll take your Auto-mit-neu-Schues for a ride tomorrow, see that it's OK. I expect it will be. Tonight I had a "ranchburger" from Bob's deli (yummy good, tender and juicy with lots of onions, probably made of ground chuck), and I cooked up a mess of hashbrowns in your really big deep pan to go with it. I figured you'd want me to use that pan because it doesn't spatter grease on the stove when you use it.

The directions said three tablespoons of oil so I measured carefully with that tablespoon you use to serve soup at the table.

Oil must be hot for cookin', right? Ya don't cook with snow under the pan. So I got the measured lot of oil good and hot, a bit of smoke but not a lot, then tossed in the frozen hashbrowns.

Wow, that was a show!

I was able to get most of the hashbrowns off the ceiling, but the ventfan still makes a funny noise and I don't know why the teflon came off the pan since I turned down the heat when the smoke blotted out Law & Order I was watching while the taters were cookin'. Geez, neither burner was really wide open.....well, not both of them anyway.

Perhaps I'll try making something with fish and lots of tomatoes in the pressure cooker tomorrow. Hi to all. LYLYDon

Reply to
Don Foreman

LOL. That'll get her stormin' in when she gets home.

My spouse is gone to South Africa for the week. I'm actually prepping the mill for paint while she's out of town. She called me yesterday at work, I told her I was buying a floor crane. She said "Yeah, with the boys gone, you shouldn't be taking chances lifting heavy stuff." I love that woman.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

From which, I gather, there will be no further vacations apart?