source for gun drilled rod?

Looking for a source for a chunk of gun drilled rod. 8mm or 5/16 OD, 45 or so inches long, with a .075 or so hole through it length-wise. Hole size/finish isn't critical, it's an air passage. Preferred material is stainless steel.

Any suggestions as to where I could purchase such an item?

Reply to
Bill Marrs

Have you looked at seamless tube? McMaster stocks SS 5/16 OD x .147 ID in 6 foot lengths. You can almost certainly get closer to your desired ID here...

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Any chance you could use some schedule 80 pipe from mcmaster?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

If you need more than one..Id be happy to sell you an Eldorado Gun drill that I own, cheap.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner