On the subject of kit hoarding - its getting bad folks

Am starting to have kits mailed to my work address. got them stacking up on and under the desk.....

Appears to be a terminal disease...

Craig

Reply to
Musicman59

How big is the desk?

Military Modeling had a note of people having stashes kept at friends houses, moms, storage shed. Start having multiple locations, that's a kit stash.

Never had stuff at work, then again, there IS the coffee break....

You know those cubicle sections with the pull down covers could have made a decent paint booth, hmmm run the exhaust straight up, move it over and find some outlet somewhere in the overhead.....nice light fixtures, good solid work surface....

Reply to
frank

So you go out on a Saturday morning - come home with all the kits - you passed a Garage sale - some poor guy bought the hobby shop in the sky, and his wife - not knowing what the stuff was worth - sold the lot for a dollar a kit. Make sure you open all the boxes and cut a few parts from the sprues, and loose a couple of instruction sheets to add to the realism.

I knew one guy who complained to his wife that he couldn't afford a real hobby like golf, (he was using payroll deduction to syphon off from his paycheck, on the surface it looked like he hadn't gotten a raise in 15 years) and had to settle with a kid's hobby with cheap plastic kits. Our joke was - if he passed on his wife would dump the lot for a new 20. I've actually seen cases where a surviving spouse tries to sell the old stash at a hobby show, and one of the honest guys goes over and says better muttiply your asking price by a large factor. Like these two dollar kits are worth at least 25.

Val Kraut

Reply to
Val Kraut

Now go through the stash and start discarding--you know, that Aurora/ Monogram/Smer SE5a is never going to get built now that you've got the Roden kit--I'm sure you can fill in an equivalent for whatever you build. Tape up the box and give to Goodwill; some poor kid can have a few hours of fun for not much money.

Reply to
tomcervo

send those lindbergs to me! i'll pay postage and share the kits.

Reply to
someone

I'll take any of those older kits. I'm into modeling, not assembling.

Reply to
eyeball