OT: This is why you should not put off house projects

so the SF Bay Area got hit with a big storm. I had all this year to get a french drain installed as well as a sump pump put in the garage. We have a high water table here and, well guess what happened. garage is flooded. leaks just about everywhere, floor of hobby room has standing water. working the wet vac over time but until the groundwater stops flowing down the hill, its just a losing battle. the water reaches a certain point and stops which is good news. thank god for rubbermaid tubs!

who really thinks of caulking and doing winter projects during the summer? not me I guess. Blew money all year on pointless purchases that could have been used to fix this thing.

so guys, next spring and summer when you are downing a Bud on the couch, think about the winter. Geez, what a f###### day.

At least the models are safe.

Now to find someone who does drain trenches and sump pumps in the winter. $$$$$$$

Craig

Reply to
crw59

AAh ! Leave it be 'till next summer !

heh heh

noddy

Reply to
noddy

At least it's just the water flowing downhill. If you lived downstate you might be flowing down too. ;] Seriously, I understand completely. Back in '92 I had a hot water filler hose on the washer burst in the middle of a fill-up. All of my attempts to keep things up off the floor (because of past experiences) went to nought as the water arched about 20 feet across the basemement and rained on everything. I came close to losing a couple of books and magazines because they were waterlogged by the time I got to them. I was in the middle of a Vigilante building craze and that came to a screeching halt whilst I spent most of my time salvaging and drying things out. Sadly, I've never gone back and re-started the project. I did spend some time putting up polyethylene sheeting from floor to ceiling between the washing area and the rest of the basement. Good luck on the clean-up!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller