Paasche VL: how to get stuck tip out of aircap?

basically i just smashed the hell out of my #3 tip trying to get it out of the air cap so now i have to buy a new one. I couldnt get it out till finally i used a little clamp i had and smashed it out, but from m other attempts i tore it the hell up. So whats a better way?

Reply to
fredrickson

air cap so now i have to buy a new one. I couldnt get it out till finally i used a little clamp i had and smashed it out, but from m other attempts i tore it the hell up. So whats a better way?>>

The tip should never get wedged in that tightly. It was either full of dried paint, or the aircap was screwed down too tightly over the tip. When you replace the tip screw the aircap on finger tight, then give it a nudge with that little wrench provided with the airbrush. That wrench is small for a reason; you can't put much muscle behind it and damage anything (unless you really try of course). FWIW, after it's back together, check for air leaks around the aircap threads. I've had a real problem with that on my VL because the aircap will not seat against the airbrush body, regardless of which tip is in there. I took it back to the dealer, and he said it was a factory defect and sent it back to Paasche.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy

Yea, thats the problem , unless i tighten the hell out of the aircap i get air bubbles in the paint cup

Reply to
fredrickson