Painting vinyl tracks

Okay, guys, time for a basic question: how do you paint Tamiya vinyl tracks ?
Or, rather, how do you make the f***ing paint stick to that bl**dy vinyl
?
Tamiya acrylics peel off, Humbrol flakes off, Gunze acrylics took a look at the tracks and threatened to call their lawyer...
And yes, I did wash/sand/degrease the tracks.
--
-sdg

"Un gromono, mon royaume pour un gromono!"
Use a flexible auto body parts primer before painting, or use vinyl upholstery paint.

Try Anita's all purpose acrylic craft paint.
I haven't used it on Tamiya tracks but it adhered well to AFV club vinyl.
They're also cheap - way too thick to spray though.
JP

frank wrote:

Give the tracks a wash in warm water and dishwashing liquid , dry and then give them a coat of future .Let it cure for a few days and paint with enamel or acrylic
--
Kevin (Bluey)

i soak them in water with dishwashing soap overnight and paint with enamel. we 'don need no steekin' crylics!
on 6/28/2007 5:17 PM Serge D. Grun said the following:

I've been using both Testors enamel and acrylic for 30 years and never had a problem with the paint on the tracks, but I haven't bought a tracked vehicle lately. Perhaps they are using a different plastic for the tracks now.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Serge D. Grun wrote:

The older vinyl tracks can be painted with enamels. Don't use a primer, just paint and install them as soon as they are dry. The enamel remains slightly flexible until it has dried out for a day or so. If you get any flaking, just touch them up after installation. However, the glueable soft styrene tracks introduced about ten years ago are extremely sensitive to enamel and lacquer thinners. They will dry out and crumble a few days after exposure, so paint them only with acrylics. Gerald Owens

says...
Thanks for the replies. Actually, I solved the problem with resin copies from the vinyl tracks...
--
-sdg

"Un gromono, mon royaume pour un gromono!"

I am confused I painted the Sherman vinyl tracks with Tamiya Flat black and it has not done anything???
Dan