Tracks Painting Tips?

Hi

Am finishing a Tamiya T-55A and splurged for Friuel tracks. They look great & work better, but I'd like to ask the armor types out there how they paint their tracks and get some good advice :-)

How about it? Any gems of wisdom?

Thanks in advance

Bob

Reply to
Bartolacci

Bartolacci wrote: : : Am finishing a Tamiya T-55A and splurged for Friuel tracks. They look great : & work better, but I'd like to ask the armor types out there how they paint : their tracks and get some good advice :-) : If you are going to use "Rust-All", the best thing I have heard is pickling them in vinegar for around 12 hours, washed well, then into the Rust-All, and finally, a very through rinse to completely stop the Rust-All.

If you are going to paint them, any good primer will do, and I am partial to Model Masters Titanium as a base color for steel tracks, as I feel rust is often overdone on a tank (unless, of course, you plan to model the Tiger II outside of Stavelot as it looks today, in which case, rust IS the appropriate color). Then weather with rust, earth mud and bare steel (Humbrol buffable metallic is really nice here) as appropriate.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

a-overall layer in dark coffe color.

b-dry brushing with grey-metal

c-washing with "Raw umber"

d-re-drybrushing with graphit got from a tip of a pencil

JR

Reply to
JR