Bizzare P-47 Paint Scheme

Anybody got a picture of a P-47 Thunderbolt in a non standard or
bizzare paint scheme? If so, send me a picture. I have one on the
bench that is ready for paint and I'd like to do something different.
Thanks.
Hawkeye
Reply to
Hawkeye
How about the one that was captured by the Germans and painted in a Luftwaffe scheme? That's one I plan on doing one of these days. There's a picture of it in, I think, the Squadron Walkaround.
Reply to
Disco58
Want a really bizarre color scheme, Hooters. There's a decal sheet for a NASCAR racer sponsored by Hooters. Paint is red and then the decals.
Ray Austin, TX ===
Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman
Would that be a P-47 NASCAR racer? :o)
(kim)
Reply to
kim
Bizarre, or just off-beat? Don't see too many P-47's in 1st Air Commando stripes.
Reply to
tomcervo
Not neccesarily the most accurate,but lots of choices here
Hawkeye wrote:
Reply to
eyeball
It would be unprototypical. To be a real NA$CAR it needs to be a fibreglas representation of a P-47 on an off-the-shelf frame, with stickers to represent all the features found on a 'real' P-47.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.
Reply to
Mad-Modeller
Maybe I'll give it a 'Warthog' theme! I do have a 'Hooters' sheet, but Nascar seems a bit overplayed around here but it is a good suggestion! I've posted what I have done so far on my website, in the gallery section.
Hawkeye
Hawkeye