Bizzare P-47 Paint Scheme

Anybody got a picture of a P-47 Thunderbolt in a non standard or bizzare paint scheme? If so, send me a picture. I have one on the bench that is ready for paint and I'd like to do something different. Thanks. Hawkeye

Reply to
Hawkeye

How about the one that was captured by the Germans and painted in a Luftwaffe scheme? That's one I plan on doing one of these days. There's a picture of it in, I think, the Squadron Walkaround.

Reply to
Disco58

Want a really bizarre color scheme, Hooters. There's a decal sheet for a NASCAR racer sponsored by Hooters. Paint is red and then the decals.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Would that be a P-47 NASCAR racer? :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Bizarre, or just off-beat? Don't see too many P-47's in 1st Air Commando stripes.

Reply to
tomcervo

Reply to
eyeball

It would be unprototypical. To be a real NA$CAR it needs to be a fibreglas representation of a P-47 on an off-the-shelf frame, with stickers to represent all the features found on a 'real' P-47.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Maybe I'll give it a 'Warthog' theme! I do have a 'Hooters' sheet, but Nascar seems a bit overplayed around here but it is a good suggestion! I've posted what I have done so far on my website, in the gallery section.

Hawkeye

Hawkeye