AMT/Ertl 1997 vs. 1998 Mustang Cobra - the same?

Hi all:

I've been working on the 1/25 1997 Cobra for a while now, and one of the hold-ups has been that I wanted to build it like a 1998, which has different wheels. I'm not sure how I missed it, but I just found out they made a 1998 kit, too. Does anybody know if they are different (other than the box)? The car depicted on the '98 box is a '97 by the look of the wheels, but I'd like to know if the kit wheels are correct for a '98.

I was going to use the wheels out of the Tamiya '95 Cobra R kit, which are very close in design and more accurate in diameter (along with the much more accurate tires). But that kit is pretty nice in its own right, so I'd kinda like to keep it whole if I can pick up the other AMT Cobra.

Thanks in advance, John.

Reply to
the_tool_man