PE Tools

I'm wanting to improve my use of photoetch parts so I've been looking at the various tools available: Etch Mate and the Hold and Fold.

I was just wondering if anyone could provide me with some information on either or both of these tools. They seem to be pretty much the same. Is there a difference in quality? Usefulness? etc.

The Hold and Fold seems to have a variety of sizes and styles. One that looks interesting is their 5 Speed Twin-Clamp. Does anyone have any experience with this one? Is there really any benefit to getting something more elaborate than the basic tool.

Is there anything I should keep in mind or know about when getting this type of tool?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Lamprich

Reply to
SJL

Personally the Hold and Fold is a better machine that offer more versatility it is about 10.00 less expensive also cheers John

SJL wrote:

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

I have a Hold & Fold, and it's worth every cent. The EtchMate, to me, just doesn't add up. The mono-chrome design drives me nuts, as it seems like it would be harder to gauge how close the head is to the bed. The "channel" that they have along the bed that lines up with the teeth seems like a strange choice. It's supposed to provide "squarer" 90-degree folds, but I've had no problems doing 90-degree folds with the H&F, and having that cut-out there where the brass is supposedly being supported seems like a great way to over-stretch the brass itself during folding.

The guys who make the H&F do an amazing amount of testing to their designs. I've had no problems whatsoever (and I have tools other than just the H&F), and I have no hesitation in recommending their products.

Randy

Reply to
Randy J. Ray

Could you elaborate? Which size HandF do you use?

Reply to
SJL

The fact that the Etch-Mate guys pretty much stole the Hold 'n Fold design (with minor changes) turns me off to it.

MH

Reply to
M Hanson