Questions about Decal Pro by Pulsar GS

For antique radio restorers being able to turn black prints into white decals would be like an alchemist finding how to turn lead into gold. Some of us are looking at this product, but can't find any comments by anyone who has tried it. I thought other hobbyists might have some comment about it.

If you have the time we would appreciate you looking at their website and giving any comments you might have. In particular, we have these questions;

Do you think that any small laminater would do the job their applicator does?

What do you think the colored Toner Reactive Foils are made of and what do you think they are coated with?

Thanks a million

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

Stewart Schooley wrote in news:4fSdnVa snipped-for-privacy@bright.net:

into white

into gold.

comments by

have some

their website

have these

their applicator

of and what

Isn't this the second time a question has been asked about this with a link to the product? This is beginning to smell like advertising.

If you have something that may be of interest to the community just post it. Don't insult our intelligence.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Something else to look at:

If you look closely at the pictures given, the card itself, the direction of the leaves are going. In the copy (transfer) the leaves are the opposite direction. Also note...the background of the post card is the same color as the bottle the transfer is being applied to,so in affect....if it's gonna be used on a model, plan ahead on what results you want.

Just a thought.....S

BAD 4 GOOD

Why didn't you just type my name in Google groups and see what You find.

Reply to
Stewart Schooley

Stewart Schooley wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@bright.net:

prints

made

smell

what You find.

Wouldn't be the first time this has happened. If I offended you apologies. Perhaps I'm to suspicious.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

No offense taken. Most decal problems on old radios are those that involve gold and white. White is particularly important because most metal cabinet radios had white letters silkscreened on them. An ALPS printer can do white decals, but the Decal Pro tells us that we can create a decal without leaving decal paper which might have an obtrusive optical quality on a painted metal cabinet.

One of our guys is going to e-mail the company to see if he can get any samples. If we learn anything important about their method, I'll inform this group about it

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Schooley