Free decal downloads?

Ok I just got an Alps 1300 and am looking to play with it a bit. Does anyone know of any good vector graphics based decals available for download on the net?

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

Freeware decals? Uhm... I've found freeware fonts, vector graphic logos, emblems and cockades, but no vector graphics decal sheets at present. Have you ever drawn some by yourself to get an idea of the work involved (for a non-graphic professional, I mean)? Maybe there's something in the files of the "Alpsdecal" Yahoo Group. Another area is among RC enthusiasts, but don't expect for accuracy.

Reply to
Luca Beato

Try

T2

Reply to
Tom

Lets start a freeware revolution ;) Socialized decals for the masses Actually I am pretty surprized with all the file swapping on the net that it hasn't been done sooner. I guess I could start a web site for swapping decal masters myself. Doesn't look like anyone else has. Anyone interested in participating?

yes, hence the question ;)

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

You'll find many new interested friends this way. Until now I've found many enthusiast looking for someone who draws for free the decals of their dream's model, since they don't even handle a drawing software. As a hobbyist, I draw mine for myself and if I happen to sell some of these decal sheet to other modellers I'm happy to cover at least a tiny part of my hobby's costs. Talking about the country where I live, the bare professional drawing costs are in the hundreds of Euros area, for an average 1/72 aircraft decal sheet and I don't see symptoms of freeware revolutions.

Reply to
Luca Beato

That site's great! I've been looking for some NASA decals for my XSL-01 and thanks to you, I've found them. Thanks for your pointer!

-- John

Reply to
Old Timer

I'm curious, where did you score the Alps Printer??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey