too many aircraft postings

Hi .....hello.....all this aeroplane chat is to............ much how about some ground based model chat ...like some Tanks,APC,landing craft and some more interesting models

Reply to
Arcusinoz

So start some.........

Reply to
frank

Very few of us, do our model building, while flying at 30,000 feet. Most of us do it while sitting at a desk, etc.; so it *is* "ground based".

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

other subjects come and go, for instance, for awhile there, all you saw here were postings about tanks.

Reply to
Shawn

Which scale? Beyond to aircraft I like a lot those softskin military vehicles in

1:72/76 scale.
Reply to
Luca Beato

OK. You go first.

MB

Reply to
Milton Bell

"Arcusinoz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

What's a 'tank'?

RobG

Reply to
RobG

Herr Capellmeister has spoken Mozart, "Too many notes!"

Reply to
rwsmithjr

Reply to
Steve Collins

No, no, no no.... It's thing we fput the fuel in to make the thing make noise to turn the fan.

Reply to
Moi

You are welcome to post on other model types. If you start a trend many others may follow, otherwise you'll have to do with all the aircraft modellers that have spare time when it's not flying weather ;^)

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

I do most of my airplane models gear down,sitting on the ground...close enough?

Reply to
eyeball

What somebody says before you say "Yo velcum...."

Reply to
Old Timer

In the past (I even am reluctant to bring this up) there were moves to split the group. Fortunately, this did not happen. One help that was popular for awhile and has seemed to die out was putting a prefix on subject lines (Air, Car, Ship, etc., followed by a colon. I see a few old timers use this still.

In my mind, the reason against a split is that regardless of the genre, modeling is modeling, and I figure I can pick up modeling ideas from messages on any modeling genre.

I do, of course, complain at times about a slew of OT messages, but rms is actually one of the better newsgroups I hang out with as far as the number of OT posts is concerned. I have dropped a few groups, such as a photography group, when the OT posts became the majority of the messages each day.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

OK, ArcusinoZ, time to start that non-aircraft thread.

You asked for it, now deliver.

Just ask a question, suggest a project, brag about a succesful build, moan about a "throw it against the wall" defeat, whatever.

Here's an example:

I've built maybe 200 aircraft models. Entered maybe a dozen in national competition at the wonderful IPMS Nats. Won two first place awards. They were for the only vehicle kits that I ever did, a Kubelwagen and a White scout car. If I was after trophies I guess I should stick with vehicles. :-)

Your turn.

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

Reply to
Andy Irving

OK, ArcusinoZ (Could we just call you AZ for short?)

Second request for a post on non-aircraft subject matter.

If none of the suggestions help perhaps you could come up with just a subject header and someone here could take it from there?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72

" snipped-for-privacy@netscape.com" wrote

(Could we just call you AZ for short?)

Tom,

are you trying to say that I need to expand my plonk file again?

RobG

Reply to
RobG

I'd recommend to start your own personal Yahooo Group for Modelling-Excluding Aircraft and see how it goes.

-BM

Reply to
Bill

Call me Arc for short, Arcus latin for Archer.

Reply to
Arcusinoz