Re: Help with ModelKasten tracks

Just used a set for the first time. Pretty easy. I cut the wire into about

>12" segments.

Another thought here. (I have quite a few of these sets myself :)

Get some brass wire, cut like you said, insert through holes, only shotpeen the end on one side, and than proceed to cut and do it again to the other side. Not exactly easy, even though brass work hardens it is quite doable.......... If too hard, aneal the brass wire first. (heat it over the stove untill it changes color, ie starts getting a bluish purple hue to it) Than very easy to manupilate

Azzz1588

While the friul set looks good, how do they deal with tracks that have open guide horns, like those seen on early Mark III and IV tanks? It seems like Modelkasten is the only way to go for these.

Reply to
Viperdoc

They seemed to do a good job on the early model Panther tracks I have. Same with the ealy Tiger tracks too :) But for the MK III's, and IV, I too went with Modelkasten..............

Azzz1588