Re: julian and the other uk'ers

new dr this year, you lucky buggers.

Whats a dr?

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

THE doctor, thank you.

Dr Who? biggest pile of poo of all time, along with S.T etc. I do remember it from the 70's at my grandparents, i really liked Basil Brush tho

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

bah, pickelcrap. pertwee and baker romped through the universe and the daleks are the galaxies bad boys. with cgi, the new one could be good. maybe red dwarf good.

Im willing to give it a chance, im a mega huge fan of RD, although the last few wasnt as good, i know i have mentioned it, but i met Hattie Hayridge (holly female)

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

i was a talking bomb one halloween and a dalek on another. you're a lucky stiff! last four years were kinda weak. but still watch able.

She signed my RD book(ok i nicked it from my flatmate) and then a month later sent a large signed foto with a personal messagge around 91 i think when i worked on a club door in London, really sweet and shy, not like blase on tv.

I liked the cyber men, daleks didnt really do much for me. I have noticed that early about 5am on cable here the orig DR Whos were being shown, after

5 sec i had to turn over, bad acting and flimsy sets.........
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Keerist! First "Cattlecar Galactica", now another go round of the oldest SF groaner of all? Next it will be "Tom Corbett, Space Cadet".

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

i liked them both. and cheese made the series a real high art form. after baker there was some foundering, but the dr is still a great idea. hope the new one uses cgi.....

i've been shopping my capt video and sky king scripts around. penny lives!

Ahhhh, a real renaissance man!!

RobG (c:

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I kinda ran out of interest after Tom Baker left - although Davison wasn't too bad. The Drs since - sheer rubbish. But maybe I've lost the magic...

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I have high hopes. It's taken a while to get this one on screen, and they've jumped through a lot of hoops to do it. The credentials of the team are impeccable, and Ecclestone is a great actor -- certainly the Doctor with the best CV/resume. It may only be back for 13 hours, and they'll never be able to afford it again, but I bet those 13 hours are going to be good ones...

Bestest, M.

Reply to
Matt Bacon

waiting for the bittorents....

no, that's pretty accurate.

better production values can make a better show. some of the old special effects were real cheese. it could add a lot, especially if the writing and acting are good. it looks like a lot of talent is being aimed...so i have hopes for it. obviously you can't have all smoke and mirrors...but they can bring a lot.

Sounds interesting. My only connection to TC is the one frame in my ViewMaster sample reel and I no longer have that.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Why the hell not? Mr G Lucas and his merry men have managed to make an absolute fortune out of CGI movies with no plot, structure or characterisation and (almost) no acting ability from the cast. Although Ms Portman is really good in her new one, Closer. As is, very surpisingly (I'm NOT a fan) Julia Roberts. The first bit of real actressing I've ever seen he do, I think.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

star wars is mythology written large. there is enough story to make it believable and acting is a small part. ok, maybe a movie could be all special effects...but it wouldn't be more than that. star wars is much more than it's affects. 6 billion believers show the power of myth. (thank you mr campbell.)