Re: julian and the other uk'ers

IMHO That's what was wrong with Cattlecar Galactica, all special effects and to content. I remember a published interview with the actor who played Boomer in the original series and he said that when he reported for his first days shooting they stuffed him in a costume and dragged him on to the set and they were still writing the script as they were trying to shoot the scenes. No rehersal of explanation of what it was all about, just "Here, read these lines facing that way". He also felt that they hadn't made up their minds what kind of show they were really trying to make it, science fiction, fantasy fiction ( really a different genre) or a bloody kids show (remember the squeeky little boy and his mechanical dog?). They tried to appeal to all audiences and wound up with none.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

yep. happily, the new galactica has lots of focus. it's kind of a space eopera, but does have good writing. did you know enterprise is dead?

I have just heard. I wonder how many episodes they have in the can yet? Maybe they will finish the season.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

yes, full season then boom. i must admit i lost interest early. only one i really liked was the auto repair station. i have never liked ds9 and they seemed too similar. too much politics, not enough sense of wonder. it should have been a constant new expirience of humans in the universe, not another inter species tumble.