Re: [Warning:VERY Long Rant] "Road Warrior" Revisited...

FWIW
Esci (now in Italeris's hands and possibly Revell De) made a Land Rover LWB 109 in 1/24 with a bunch of small arms in it.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ESCI-1-24-Land-Rover-109-PARATROOPERS-Model - Kit-/270730080794
I have one and it's not for sale. 8(
Ltaleri, CyberHobby and Hasegawa make Jeeps in 1/24, Hase made a Kubel and I beleive Utaleri also may have made a military truck in same scale.
In 1/25 Tamiya and Academy made several tanks including Centurions, Panthers, JagdPanthers, Tigers, T-34s and SU-100s, you could always bash them a bit to make them more sci-fi. Tamiya had 1/25 metal figures of Germna and US soldiers that aren't bad at all and they do come with plastic small arms an MP-40, Mauser, Garand you could always copt some (for personal use of course).
Somebody else, Nichimo comes to mind but I can't swear to it, made some 1/24 but they are hard to find and probably not cheap. They are also older so may not be up to snuff. But if you are imporvising sci-fi...
Tasca makes a Pz II in 1/24 Emhay makes 2 version of a Bedford 5 ton and MAC Models some older Czech truck.
Check HLJ.com or Great models for a list.
Wespe makes a US 2.5 ton cargo truck.
Couple of diecast M1A1s.
That oughta hold you!
--
Herman Cain for President! http://hermancain.com /
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!

Thanks for reading. I thought I'd put a warning as to length in the subject line (in square brackets, as is SOP on another group I'm in) but it looks as if it went AWOL...

At the price that one went for, I'd not be buying... If I'm going to do something daft with a kit, I generally adhere to the SCAT principle - Shouldn't Cost A Tenner... Being limited for space, I doubt I'll do much in the way of "Mad Maxing" larger kits - aside from the trashed Mustang (a freebie) I also have an Airfix Citroen Xsara in 1:24th, which was a Charity Shop find. I haven't even opened it, but the comments on the net suggest it is a reboxed Heller kit with issues. So, it's a crap French kit of a crap French car - it really deserves everything that happens to it, doesn't it?

Thanks, that's handy to know.

Possibly a bit heavy duty for what I'm thinking of, but ModelZone currently have the Academy 1:25th Jagdpanther on sale at seventeen quid, and even built straight would provide a nice comparison with car kits in that scale.

Of course...

Anything goes...

A M3/M5 Stuart would be nice - there are Monster Trucks built on those!

Again, good to know.

Possibly a definition of "Heavy Metal"...

Plenty of food for thought. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Moramarth

Het it was an interesting read, something different.
--
Herman Cain for President! http://hermancain.com /
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!

Hey it was an interesting read, something different.

More good news!
Italeri     4WD Armed Car     24     6352     Future      Italeri     Jeep 1/4 Ton 4x4     24     6351     Future      Italeri     Kfz.305 Medium 3 Ton Truck     24     6354     Future      Italeri     LWB 109     24     6353     Future
http://www.cybermodeler.com/special/2011_armor_scale.shtml
Except of course Italieri has lost it's frigging mind on pricing!

Good news indeed, for those with deep pockets... I wonder if the "LWB 109" is a re-issue of your Land Rover? The "4WD Armed Car" is intriguing - as it has the next catalogue number after the Jeep, I wonder if it could be a 1:24 equivalent of their limited edition 1:35 "Commando Car" - an armed and armoured Jeep used by special forces in northern Europe later in WW2?
Regards,
Moramarth

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47209/message/1303868905/Italeri+1-24 +Toyota+Technical+almost+out-
I'm betting the LWB 109 is the military version. The civil version is out under a different number.

That's great news, it's close to what I was looking for. Pity it wasn't a Hilux... And I've just snagged a SNEB pod from a friend!

Already? - I'll have to restrain myself until the one with the Jimpy (GPMG) comes out.
Cheers,
Moramarth