Reissued Hawk Space Models

That was supposed to be a real rocketship of a fighter. I was at an airshow where a F-106 cracked the sound barrier in a near vertical climb. You should have seen the fireball coming out of that thing's afterburner. =-O

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

That was a very neat looking space fighter; I had some of those from MPC that I bought for parts at our local Woolworth Store's model sale table for around $1.00 each, without realizing it was going to become a rare kit. The only thing I never liked on the Eagle were the lower windows on the command section.

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

It's supposed to have a detailed interior on the control car-passenger area. It would be a ball to do a cutaway version of the kit by leaving half the hull off, though the rigging of the framework could drive you nuts. Here's an oddball kit - the internal framework of the Graf Zeppelin in metal:

's from here:
interesting feature of the Graf Zeppelin was where the fuel for its engines came from - instead of being fueled by gasoline or Diesel fuel, they were fueled by "Blau gas" (similar to propane) stored in separate gas cells under the hydrogen cells:
Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

THey made no sense at all. Now, they could have represented modular sensors or weapons pods, if in fact any were in place.

The Hawk was clearly the best weapon ever derived from a civilian craft. While it clearly reflected its origins, it was not simply an Eagle with a weapon strapped on it. I would expect more missiles, though.

The Eagle is also one of the better designed sci fi crafts, although it was clearly used in ways that it wasn't designed for. It would not make a terribly good atmospheric craft. Just *try* entering an atmosphere at any significant velocity without melting something Terribly Important in that design.

Cargo transport, people transport, military transport, science, medical, weapon and utility modules, none of which require much modification of the basic craft to use- the Eagle is a darned good spacecraft.

Space:1999- a completely absurd premise that was poorly handled, but they got a lot of the background stuff right.

September 13 is right around the corner!

Reply to
Scott Hedrick