Cool Pic of Uncle Walt with the 1950's Space Ship Models

aren't these the Strombecker kits?

Craig

crw59

The one's on the desk certainly appear to be.

From left to right, Space Ship, Space Station, Moonliner, RM-1 Rocket Ship, and Satellite Launcher.

But I don't recognize whatever it is that Walt's holding in his hands.

Cheers,

Reply to
Bill Shatzer

i would love to have all those kits. or the cash they fetch on ebay.

Nitpick - You have the Satellite Launch and the Orbital Space Ship reversed.

That's why I say thank the Master Modeler for Nick Argento and Glencoe!

Reply to
The Old Man

i got the space station. is he doing all of them? have a url?

No, but from what I know, the only one of the Disney-Strombeckers not to be made was the satellite launcher. I replicated one using the Space Ship with a new top stage made from the command-module jettison rocket from the Airfix Saturn V. Of the Krafft Ehricke Convair-Strombeckers, only the Space Station was done, it's my understanding that sales on the space kits was poor and Nick couldn't afford to sink money into the rest with little chance of making a profit. As for a URL, Google Nick's name and "Glencoe" and you might strike something.

Reply to
The Old Man

i bet he was the guy in ma. one of the mill towns....thanks.