Decal help...

Anyone know where I can find a 1/72 sheet for a lo-vis VA-174 A-7? I checked Microscale and found some things I was looking for, but apparently Super Scale (the supplier) is only producing 1/48 now, so all of Microscale's 1/72 sheets are old stock. Thanks in advance!

Mike

Reply to
MTW

VA-174? Or VA-147?

The only sheet for a VA-174 subject that I'm aware of is:

I doubt that it is in a lo-vis scheme. As you said - old stock.

However, there are two for VA-147.

?FULL=AIRM7214

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Thanks Enzo - it's VA-174. I got there in '86 and stayed until decom. I'm just getting back into building, and I'm kinda surprised that this particular sheet is hard to find. The squadron was in business nearly 50 years... Thanks again!!

Reply to
MTW

I found similar problems when I returned to aircraft modelling after a break of 20 years. I remember that there were dozens of 1/72 sheets available for aircraft such as the F-4, A-7, F-14 and F-15. These days they seem to be quite few and far between. Thankfully I had a couple of Microscale sheets for F-4s that have spent 20 years sat in various attics. They are still perfectly usable (although they don't release as quickly as they used to) and I'm busily using them up on a major F-4 building project that should see me through the next ten years!

Reply to
Enzo Matrix