tamiya 1/35 king tiger

anyone want to sell one? i could actually make do with the lowerhull and all running gear and the main barrel. a built one is ok. see the picture group for what i need. hint, what you don't see is what i need. i want to restore this build from the late 70's.

i found the bottom hull, so check the pics. posting in a few minutes....

The current Tamiya King Tiger hull would not fit the 1969/1975 release, though the Nichimo hull will, and some online dealers still carry it (of course, in the 70's, we would trash the dismal Tamiya upper hull and turret and use only the Tamiya chassis and tracks with Nichimo's much better upper hull and turret). I'm assuming this is a sentimental project, since the new Dragon kits are beautiful, accurate and cheap. If you find a Tamiya Hunting Tiger, it uses the same hull and tracks as the original King Tiger. Gerald Owens

Reply to
Gerald Owens

mine was from 78-80, so i hope it was this one. do you know? it's not the ardennes but the earlier left to right facing plain background picture. i'm pretty sure it's the same box i had then. if you get the picture group, you can see what i want to restore. it is only 1 of 2 kits that i have from that period of modeling and is important to me. i have earlier and later builds but only 2 from then. please tell me if my pictures look right. it may seem insane to waste half a kit to rebuild one, but that was a important build for me....you get it.

Sorry to ask a silly question (clearly I'm technically challenged), but where and what is the "picture group".

Reply to
Andrea

It is a complementary group to this one, where we can show off our latest masterpieces.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

inner track deal is it. and i found one on fleabay though i still hope to find a partial. i want to restore one and do a new build. sort of a then and now.