removing etched metal parts from fret

I still use my NT-cutter for the purpose...not so very good. Often breaks off the tip of the blade. Tried scissors, but that is a tricky thing...
I would be interested in other methods and any input will be appreciated. Thanks Ingo
Ingo wrote:

Xuron makes a tool for removing PE parts from the parts tree, Testors also has one and there are at least to more out there that I know of. Check with your local hobby shop or any craft store for what they have. The price should be around USD $15.00 to $20.00.
Cheers,
Ray Austin, TX =

Might try here; http://www.micromark.com / MG

Check also Radio Shack, component cutters that cut flush with surface of pc board, look like Xuron but half the price. Also, from the IPMS NATS in ATL this summer: http://www.hobbytools.com (link verified) picked up a set of calipers for 24.00USD. I have had great luck at the flea market. Stainless steel hemostats, forceps, reverse action tweezers, great for decals. Obviously the deals at the flea market here is of no value to the general audience, but it seems that the flea markets nearly always have a discount tool area. HTH, Bruce

I use an X-Acto Knife with a curved blade. Don't pull the blade across the part, as that can snag and bend the brass. Instead, I roll the blade onto the fret so the cutting edge is always cutting straight down, and all the force is directed at one small point at a time. I use an old formica shelf as a cutting board. Been doing it for years, works great. If the part is tiny and you fear it may launch itself into the carpet when it is cut free, place the whole fret inside a clear plastic bag and cut through the plastic and brass at the same time. Gerald Owens