Replacement parts for 1/96 USS Constitution

Terrible, horrible news. Add me to the list of people who have had email and group reply contact with him over the years and have always got the answer I needed.

Go reach out and touch the face of God, Al.

M. J. Rudy

AT hotmail DOT com

Reply to
M. J. Rudy

Gene,

May I suggest that you print out these responses from us and pass them on to Al's family? It might help them if they know that they aren't alone in this time of loss. Unless you think it inappropriate, in which case a simple tally of numbers might be in order.

Rob Grinberg

Reply to
AussieRob

Rob,

That is my intent. There are many, many nice comments that folks have made not only on RMS, but on other modeling forums, lists, and boards. He was a superstar in this fraternity.

Thanks,

Gene

Reply to
Gene K

I didn't know him, and didn't exchange mails with him. But I've been in this group for some years now, and his many, many posts were always valuable, and admirable.

It will be like visiting the pub (or maybe the church - take your pick) and noticing that a much respected, valued member of the community is no longer there.

I will Al's posts: my respects and condolences, from here in the UK.

John Law Hexham Northumberland, UK

Reply to
John

I too am saddened to hear of Al's passing. We had just started to converse on a personal and professional level, I will miss reading his postings and articles for both the content and the spirit he conveyed. Rest in Peace my fellow Veteran, Rest in Peace.

Gerald

Reply to
Hawkeye

I was very surprised when I heard this, and it saddens me. My contact with Al had been through RMS as well as ebay stuff. I don't recall meeting him at any of the nats, but I'm not sure.

Some of you may have remembered that Al and I went at it hammer and tong, discussing the war in Iraq. Neither of us were disrespectful, and we started to compromise until we had a working solution we were both satisfied with. We solved the problem, and didn't discuss Iraq again!

The last article he put in Old Kit Corner on Internet Modeler was a Comet Boeing B-52 that he picked up from ebay. It was from an auction that I had put up for Skyway Model Shop.

Ah well. Sorry to hear of Al's passing. I'll miss him around here.

--Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

My condolences to all. He & I swapped a few kits over the years. This kinda hurts. Makes some of the kits I've gotten from him & not yet built be all the more special.

Reply to
frank

I can't express any better my sorrow of his passing than that already expressed by everyone. I enjoyed seeing him at the various IPMS conventions and his involvement in RMS.

Godspeed and God bless.

Reply to
Kaliste Saloom

Sad news, we've lost one of the greatest.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

I asked this in another post, but I'll try here. Anyone have a link to his obit or can scan it & post it, maybe?

Reply to
frank

Gene K wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Damn. A true gentleman and a storehouse of information. Looked forward to Old Kit Corner every month.

Godspeed Al.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

My condolences I met Al several years ago When I put out a post looking for the old Revell modelers club spatula "putty Applicator" Always to promote the hobby Al sent me an email that he had several and sent me one at no charge. After that we emailed from time to time Al will always be remembered as a person that supported this hobby to the end. God speed Al

Reply to
masterpiecemodels

Gene:

Please pass on my thoughts and prayers to Al's wife and family. A sad day for us all, he will be missed.

Dr Andrew Massey Townsville Australia

Reply to
Bob

I am deeply saddened to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends. He was truely a beacon amongst this hobby.

Reply to
The Raven

My condolences, this is sad

Reply to
Martin

I will miss Al deeply. I had the honor of meeting him at a couple IPMS Nats and have corresponded with him for years on RMS. My deepest condolences to his family.

Reply to
Bill Woodier