revelle lacrosse

cool. pull up a stool and have a beer.

don't worry, you're not old enough for the ass and elbow placards yet.

Maybe, maybe not. The Life-Like kits I've seen were knee-deep in flash.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I know I am. I got my missiles confused.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

As was the Hawk Missile Battery that I picked up years ago. Flash and an incomplete flow along a couple of sides of the radar unit, and two of the figures. I assume that it was due to the age of the molds. Given the way that they've reverse-engineered some kits, these might be a natural for Polar Lights.

Reply to
Old Timer

the lacrosse kit i picked up has a 97 reissue date. while there is some small flash, the moldings are crisp and assembly has been strait forward. so these molds are still maintained. fun build so far.

"Old Timer" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

All of the kits I've found so far have been fine, I have a History Maker Hawk Battery and SSP LaCrosse and Honest John. Wait the LaCrosse might be an older issue. But the others are fine. All of the History Makers and SSPs I acquired space, plane, ship or land vehicle have been in plenty good shape for thier age.

Frankly amazingly so. I used to look for older issues of kits on the theory that the molds were younger when they were shot and consequently gave sharper moldings. In some cases yes, but not in all.

Frank

Reply to
Gray Ghost

Given that RC/Ertl has purchased PL I'd not hold my breath.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

the lacrosse kit is lots of fun. some of the directions are accurate in hindsight, so changes must be made....